Below we outline what data we use, how it is used and what choices and rights you have in respect of the data that is held.
Enquiring about our products
Enquiring for information, samples or a quotation – you are able to contact us by email, telephone or by completing a form online. At this time we will ask for some simple contact details (phone number, email and name) as well as recording details of your general or specific requirements.
Our team will then use this information to help find you the appropriate products and communicate options to you. You may ask for our team to stop providing details of products or offers tailored to your requirements at any point.
When ordering products we will record and securely store:
- Customer names
- Contact details such as email address, phone number and address
- Along with details of the products ordered, any information that we may need to note for the fulfilment of your order as well as details of any communication that we may have with you.
Third Party Review sites.
We do not subscribe, network or facilitate any Third Party Review Sites.
We do not pass on your personal contact details to any other company other than that of our suppliers who are required by contract to send you the products that you have ordered through Hugo & Otto Limited. Our suppliers do not have the legal right to further contact you or send you marketing promotions as they do not have the contract with our clients. if you experience issues of this nature in the first instance you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant information and evidence and we as a company will contact the supplier on your behalf.
At present We do not subscribe or send any monthly newsletters via Mailchimp etc within our Hugo & Otto system as we feel that monthly newsletters can be irritating and would prefer to simply send you a Christmas Card once a year in thanks for your incredible custom and to remember us should you need our assistance again. Should this change we will amend this notice. Should you not like to receive a Christmas Card from Hugo & Otto Limited please email: email@example.com and we will remove you from our list.
Communication about your order
It is important that we are able to contact you by email, telephone or letter using the contact details obtained at the time of ordering to keep you updated about your order. This could be to:
- Pass on any important information about the fulfilment of your order
- To obtain any further information required
- Make you aware of services to complement your specific order
- To provide all appropriate documentation for your order
- To ensure the items that have been ordered will fit appropriately prior to shipping
- To answer any questions that you have raised
- To enquire if there are any specific delivery instructions upon shipping destination should you not be available
- We cannot ship to PO Boxes or Companies that will sign for your consignment and we will contact you to either request a shipping address change
- We will contact you should we be made aware from the bank that authorisation has been cancelled or there is a credit risk - this ensures both the seller and purchaser protection
Future marketing - Leaving the door open should we change our Company policy in the provision of monthly newsletters
We will only contact you with offers, promotions or details of available products and services under the following circumstances.
- You have provided us with explicit consent to do so
- You have an active enquiry with us
- You have ordered with us and we wish to share with you offers for products that may similarly interest you.
We will use securely held contact information and details of previous activity including that collected digitally (see below) when you have visited our websites.
We may also collect details of how you use any marketing emails that we may send, including whether you open our emails and what actions you take once you have. Such information may be used to determine the marketing messages that you may see.
We assure you that you will always be able to ask us to stop marketing to you at which point any and all direct marketing will cease (with the exception of any campaigns that are currently in the pipeline for despatch – for example direct mailings already submitted for fulfilment). All or any future marketing emails issued by our business will include an ‘unsubscribe’ link.
Hugo & Otto Limited does not sell, trade or rent your personal details to third parties unconnected to your orders. Details are provided to suppliers connected to your orders for the purposes of the fulfilment of your orders only.
Digitally collected information
Information collected digitally can include your IP address, data from your browser, cookies (pieces of data stored on your computer) and how our website is used and from what kind of device. This can be used for a number of purposes, such as provide aggregate information as to how users may access our site to providing a more individualised service, such as displaying our pages in the right language for example.
Your rights to see, delete or amend data held about you
You are entitled to access your personal data held by us at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make such a request. We will be obliged to offer any appropriate details within 30 days of the request. Please do advise us if you are seeking a specific piece or pieces of data.
Any concerns about the ongoing processing of data, including any corrections that may need to be made to any information held, should also be directed to email@example.com
Hugo & Otto Limited
06 January 2019
Hugo & Otto Limited
4 Castle Farm
The Cholmondeley Estate