Leander Rope Dog Collar
We are lovers of sailing and rowing and Leander is known throughout the sport of International Rowing as one of the most prestigious Rowing Clubs in the World. Established at the tideway on the Thames in 1818 and have coached and produced the very best our National hero's in English Mens and Women's Rowing who compete for England at the Olympics and World Class Rowing Events. The private members club is based on the banks of the Thames at Henley On Thames constructed in 1897. The Club's Mascot is a Pink Hippo with their club colours being a Navy base with Pink oars.
Individually handmade from the highest grade and quality English marine grade braid on braid rope used by International yachtsmen around the world. This luxury dog collar is made in a stunning navy braid on braid rope with a high capacity pulling strength that will not stretch. Marine Rope collars are as both practical and easy to live with as it can be washed for those oh so muddy or salty dog moments. We splice and hot weld the braid together and then sew the rope together in the traditional way and then whip over in our Hippo Pink and Leander Grey whipping cord to represent the Leander Club Colours. Our solid brass hardware hails from England and you can choose between Gold Brass or Nickel plated brass which is super strong.
Hugo & Otto standard fit collars are available in a range of 6 sizes and designed to fit loosely around your dog's neck and rest on the collar bone but should not slip off, please use our measurement notes below and choose 2cm up from your measurement.
We also provide a bespoke service for you made from your measurements sized which we make to order.
The Leander Dog Collar is available with a matching City Lead or a matching 2 x adjustable lead.
The Leander Credits
- Navy Marine grade English braid on braid rope
- Pink Hippo and Leander Grey hand whipping detail
- Withstands the elements and pulling strength
- Braid on Braid marine grade rope does not stretch
- Solid brass hardware in a choice of Brass (Gold) or Nickel Plated Brass (Silver)
- Washable in a cool wash or under a cool tap
- Available in standard 6 sizes
- Bespoke sizes available
- Matching Leander City Lead & 2 x adjustable lead
- Matching 2 x adjustable Leander double lead
The Leander Standard Sizes
- Small 2 x 8mm ø rope 36cm Long £36.00
- Medium 2 x 8mm ø rope 40cm Long £36.00
- M Large 2 x 10mm ø rope 46cm Long £39.00
- Large 2 x 10mm ø rope 50cm Long £39.00
- X Large 2 x 12mm ø rope 56cm Long £46.00
- XX Large 2 x 12mm ø rope 60cm Long £46.00
The Leander Bespoke Sizes
We can make your dog any size and from point of order we expect to handmake and send to you within 10 days.
- XS, S, M Bespoke Size S £36.00 we recommend 8mm ø rope
- ML & L Bespoke Size M £39.00 we recommend 10mm ø rope
- XL & XXL Bespoke Size L £46.00 we recommend 12mm ø rope
On check out you will see a special instruction box to enter your measurements or any other special instructions, you also input your email address and we will automatically contact you via email. We really want to ensure your sizing is correct to confirm sizing, breed type and we do recommend that you send us a little picture of your dog whilst being measured so that we can ensure the fit is correct. Please note that we make bespoke orders to your measurements, any bespoke orders cannot be returned unless they are found to be faulty.
Measuring Your Dog
It is important that you use a soft tape measure or use a piece of string and measure the string against a hard measuring tape. Take off your dog's collar and measure the part of the neck where the collar normally sits. Place 2 fingers between the tape and the neck to give the growth room and do not pull the tape tight. When ordering the standard sizes order up to 2 cm larger to allow the collar to sit comfortably on the collar bone. You should not be able to pull the collar easily over your dog's head it should be secure enough when fitting so that your dog cannot pull free. If you do have any questions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can advise you.
nb: The measurement when making our collars is taken from the brass ring that connects the collar to the end of the opposite brass clasp (not the rope end to end).