Finnbars Dream Collar
Inspired by a wee miniature wire hair dachshund called Finnbar MacBrigadoon who runs the roost at Hugo & Otto, his favourite pastime is barking at Furballs in the garden and chasing off the Pheasants who dare to infiltrate his boundaries.
Hugo & Otto's Finnbars Dream Dog Collar is handmade in our studio by our master rope makers Paul and Ian. They individually handcraft our rope collections from the highest grade British Superyacht braid on braid rope used by International yachtsmen made to withstand the elements and salt water.
Finnbars Dream Collar is a luxury dog collar made in a silky soft black braid on braid rope which is super strong and made to withstand the outdoor elements. We hot splice and sew the rope together and then whip over in a black whipping cord and finish the design with a beautiful Turks head knot in stunning red cord with 2 more red Turks head knots at each end of the collar.
Hugo & Otto standard fit collars are available in a range of sizes and designed to fit loosely around your dog's neck and rest on the collar bone but should not slip off, we recommend that you measure using our guidelines below and choose a collar 2cm above your measurement.
We also provide a bespoke service for you made from your measurements sized which we make to order.
Finnbars Dream Collar is available with a matching City Lead or a matching 2 x adjustable double lead.
- Black Marine grade English braid on braid rope in 8mm, 10mm & 12mm
- Red Turks Head hand whipping detail on black flat whipping
- Withstands the elements and pulling strength
- Braid on Braid marine grade rope does not stretch
- Solid brass nickel plated hardware
- Washable in a cool wash or under a cool tap
- Available in standard sizes
- Bespoke sizes available
- Matching Finnbars Dream City Lead
- Matching 2 x adjustable Finnbars Dream double lead
- Small 8mm ø rope 36cm Long £68.00
- Medium 8mm ø rope 40cm Long £68.00
- M Large 10mm ø rope 46cm Long £78.00
- Large 10mm ø rope 50cm Long £78.00
- X Large 12mm ø rope 56cm Long £88.00
- XX Large 12mm ø rope 60cm Long £88.00
Bespoke Sizes please select bespoke & the following size ranges - then on check out please fill in the size measurement and requirement in the special instructions box.
- XS, S, M £68.00 From 30cm - 40cm breed dogs we recommend 8mm ø rope & lightweight nickel plated solid brass spring clasp (please note with an XS only 1 Turks Head knot can be fitted to the length)
- ML & L £78.00 From 42cm - 54cm breed dogs we recommend 10mm ø & mid sized nickel plated solid brass lobster clasp
- XL & XXL £88.00 From 56cm - 70cm breed dogs we recommend 12mm ø & large sized nickel plated solid brass lobster clasp
For bespoke sizing we can make your dog collar any size and from point of order we expect to hand make and send to you within 10 days and will email you to confirm expected shipping date to your address.
On check out you will see a special instruction box to enter your measurements or any other special instructions, you also input your email address and we will automatically contact you via email. We really want to ensure your sizing is correct to confirm sizing, breed type and we do recommend that you send us a little picture of your dog whilst being measured (see measuring notes below please) so that we can ensure the fit is correct. Please note that we make bespoke orders to your measurements, any bespoke orders cannot be returned unless they are found to be faulty.
* Measuring Your Dog
It is important that you use a soft tape measure and measure your dog's neck and not the existing collar. Please also do not pull the tape tight when measuring ensure that the tape is where the collar will sit on your dogs neck, keep it comfortable and place 2 fingers between the tape and the neck to give the growth room. When ordering the standard sizes order up to 2 cm larger to allow the collar to sit comfortably on the collar bone. You should not be able to pull the collar easily over your dog's head it should be secure enough when fitting so that your dog cannot pull free. If you do have any questions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can advise you.
The measurement when making our collars is taken from the nickel plated ring that connects the collar to the end of the opposite snap clasp (not the rope end to end).
We have applied a Standard shipping rate with signature required at shipping address. If you require a different method of shipping e.g. Courier Shipping only or you would like to add other products to your order please email us on email@example.com