Dublin Rope Dog Collar
We have been inspired by a little muse called Mr Paddy Paws who lives in Dublin and goes to work in a beautiful Georgian House that is the HQ of his Aunt designer Louise Kennedy in beautiful Merrion Square. Paddy is often found wearing our Hugo & Otto limited edition dog collars and leads surrounded by the most beautiful women, what else could a boy do but look adoringly at them all. Lucky man right!
Our beautiful Dublin Rope Dog Collars are individually handmade from the highest grade and quality English Superyacht braid on braid rope that is used by International yachtsmen around the world. This luxury dog collar is made in a stunning black rope which looks super smart and very practical as it can be washed under a cool tap. We splice and sew the rope together in the traditional method and whip over in a stunning Emerald Green and Shamrock whipping cord to represent the colours of Ireland. We use nickel plated solid brass for our dog hardware which is super strong.
Hugo & Otto standard fit collars are available in a range of 6 sizes and designed to fit loosely around your dog's neck and rest on the collar bone but should not slip off, we recommend that you use our measurement guidelines below please and ensure that you do not pull the measuring tape tightly and ensure that you measure the area where your dog's collar would sit. Please choose your size 2cm up from the measurement.
We also provide a bespoke service for you made from your measurements sized which we make to order.
The Dublin Dog Collar is available with a matching Dublin City Lead or a matching Dublin Double lead which is 2 x adjustable in length.
- Black Marine grade English braid on braid rope
- Emerald Green and Shamrock hand whipping detail
- Withstands the elements and pulling strength
- Braid on Braid marine grade rope does not stretch
- Solid brass hardware
- Washable in a cool wash or under a cool tap
- Available in standard 6 sizes
- Bespoke sizes available
- Matching Dublin City Lead
- Matching 2 x adjustable Dublin Double Lead
- Small 2 x 8mm ø rope 36cm Long £36.00
- Medium 2 x 8mm ø rope 40cm Long £36.00
- M Large 2 x 10mm ø rope 46cm Long £39.00
- Large 2 x 10mm ø rope 50cm Long £39.00
- X Large 2 x 12mm ø rope 56cm Long £46.00
- XX Large 2 x 12mm ø rope 60cm Long £46.00
We can make your Hugo & Otto rope dog collars and leads in any size and from point of order we expect to hand make and send to you within 10 days.
- XS, S, M £36.00 Select Bespoke Size S we recommend 8mm ø rope & lightweight nickel plated solid brass spring clasp
- ML & L £39.00 Select Bespoke Size M we recommend 10mm ø & mid sized nickel plated solid brass lobster clasp
- XL & XXL £46.00 Select Bespoke Size L we recommend 12mm ø & large sized nickel plated solid brass lobster clasp
On check out you will see a special instruction box to enter your measurements or any other special instructions, you also input your email address and we will automatically contact you via email. We really want to ensure your sizing is correct to confirm sizing, breed type and we do recommend that you send us a little picture of your dog whilst being measured so that we can ensure the fit is correct. Please note that we make bespoke orders to your measurements, any bespoke orders cannot be returned unless they are found to be faulty.
Measuring Your Dog
It is important that you use a soft tape measure or use a piece of string and measure the string against a hard measuring tape. Take off your dog's collar and measure the part of the neck where the collar normally sits. Place 2 fingers between the tape and the neck to give the growth room and do not pull the tape tight. When ordering the standard sizes order up to 2 cm larger to allow the collar to sit comfortably on the collar bone. You should not be able to pull the collar easily over your dog's head it should be secure enough when fitting so that your dog cannot pull free. If you do have any questions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can advise you.
nb: The measurement when making our collars is taken from the brass ring that connects the collar to the end of the opposite brass clasp (not the rope end to end).