Bucklers Hard Dog Collar
Inspired by one of England's national treasures and part of a listed heritage site, Bucklers Hard is located on the South Coast of England in beautiful Hampshire and an 18th Century ship building village which built Nelson's fleet. We have drawn design inspiration from England's oldest ship building past using strong British marine grade and yachting products produced in England.
Our stunning Bucklers Hard Dog Collar is beautifully handmade in our studio by our master rope makers Paul and Ian who individually handcraft our rope collections. We have selected the highest grade and quality British Superyacht rope made by Kingfisher British used by International yachtsmen that withstands the elements and is soft on your hands. Our hand cast Bronze yachting snap hooks are made in Birmingham from a 3 generation family manufacturing business. The Bucklers Hard luxury dog collar is stunning in every way from looks, feel and in the way we make them. We hot splice and sew the rope together in the tradition method of rope work and then whip over in a red flat whipping cord at each end and finish with a beautiful Turks head knot in red over white flat whipping. Our rope work is produced by Paul and Ian who are registered master rope tyers with the International Guild of Knot Tyers and have learnt their craft over 70 years between them.
Hugo & Otto standard fit collars are available in a range of sizes and designed to fit loosely around your dog's neck and rest on the collar bone but should not slip off, we recommend that you measure using our guidelines below and choose a collar 2cm above your measurement.
We also provide a bespoke service for you made from your measurements sized which we make to order and take approximately 10 days from your order.
Bucklers Hard Dog Collar is available with a matching Bucklers Hard City Lead in 3 widths.
- Navy Marine grade Kingfisher English braid on braid rope in 8mm, 10mm & 12mm
- Red Turks Head hand whipping detail on white flat whipping
- Withstands the elements and pulling strength
- Braid on Braid marine grade rope does not stretch
- Handcast Bronze Yachting Snap Hook made in Birmingham
- Washable in a cool wash or under a cool tap
- Available in standard sizes
- Bespoke sizes available
- Matching Bucklers Hard City Lead
- Small 8mm ø rope 36cm Long £74.00
- Medium 8mm ø rope 40cm Long £74.00
- M Large 10mm ø rope 46cm Long £84.00
- Large 10mm ø rope 50cm Long £84.00
- X Large 12mm ø rope 56cm Long £89.00
- XX Large 12mm ø rope 60cm Long £89.00
Bespoke Sizes please select bespoke & the following size ranges - then on check out please fill in the size measurement and requirement in the special instructions box.
- XS, S, M £74.00 From 30cm - 40cm breed dogs we recommend 8mm ø rope & solid brass spring clasp (please note with an XS because they are very small we can only fit 1 Turks Head knot to the length)
- ML & L £84.00 From 42cm - 54cm breed dogs we recommend 10mm ø & mid sized solid brass lobster clasp
- XL & XXL £89.00 From 56cm - 70cm breed dogs we recommend 12mm ø & large sized solid brass lobster clasp
For bespoke sizing we can make your dog collar any size and from point of order we expect to hand make and send to you within 10 days and will email you to confirm expected shipping date to your address.
On check out you will see a special instruction box to enter your measurements or any other special instructions, you also input your email address and we will automatically contact you via email. We really want to ensure your sizing is correct to confirm sizing, breed type and we do recommend that you send us a little picture of your dog whilst being measured (see measuring notes below please) so that we can ensure the fit is correct. Please note that we make bespoke orders to your measurements, any bespoke orders cannot be returned unless they are found to be faulty.
* Measuring Your Dog
It is important that you use a soft tape measure and measure your dog's neck and not the existing collar. Please also do not pull the tape tight when measuring ensure that the tape is where the collar will sit on your dogs neck, keep it comfortable and place 2 fingers between the tape and the neck to give the growth room. When ordering the standard sizes order up to 2 cm larger to allow the collar to sit comfortably on the collar bone. We find that rope dog collars do come up quick neatly and so you should adjust for size. If you do have any questions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can advise you.
The measurement when making our collars is taken from the brass ring that connects the collar to the end of the opposite bronze snap clasp (not the rope end to end).
We are pleased to offer free UK mainland shipping via Royal Mail, If you require a different method of shipping e.g. Courier Shipping or you are in the Isle of Man, Northern and Souther Ireland or further afield please email us on email@example.com for a shipping quote